Snort mailing list archives

Re: Running snort on a colo server.

From: Roberto Suarez Soto <robe () alfa21 com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:30:34 +0100

On Jan/10, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:

I want to run snort on a remote server at the opposite end of the country,
and I'm just considering the best way to get the info from that sensor into
the local (mysql) db.

        In the firm I work for, we just get the tcpdump captures, gpg them,
and send them over mail. Then you can feed them to a local DB using snort
with the same configuration but ouputting to mysql. It's quite convenient, and
very scriptable :-)

--
Roberto Suarez Soto                                     Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe () alfa21 com                               http://www.alfa21.com