Snort mailing list archives

Nice formmail.pl probes

From: Jim Forster <jforster () rapidnet com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:12:15 -0700

Anyone else seeing a formmail.pl search script running around your websites?
I was hit with it from users of pacbell.net, kscable.com, BFLO.splitrock.net, shreveport.la.da.uu.net, and
tc.ph.cox.net last night, over 3 different class C's.
The subject was either "w00t x.com" or "www.x.com" (x being the domain it hit) going out to their addresses.  (nice
their script left me contact info anyway)  ;)
I'm guesing worm, as 90% of the 'send to' addresses were the same AOL user - the other 10% were other AOL usernames.
(well, and one epimp.com address)
Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Jim Forster, jforster () rapidnet com on 02/28/2002
Network Administrator
RapidNet, A Golden West Company