Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort ver 1.8.4-beta2 gives bus error.....

From: "PAD HOSMANE" <phosmane () pop fedworld gov>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:36:00 -0500

Chris,
     CORRECTION to the info i have mentioned below in the previous email. It
is not true regarding snort 1.8.4-beta2 version. Since i have put so many
ver of snort in different directory and I might have mistakenly ran
different directory and thought i have ran in sort-1.8.4-beta2.

To run snort.1.8.4-bet2 i have to disable all three:
1. "preprocessor frag2"
2. "preprocessor stream4: detect_scans"
3. "preprocessor stream4_reassemble"
and comment line 17 of virus.rules.