Snort mailing list archives

RE: firewalling snort machine

From: "Semerjian, Ohanes" <Semerjian.Ohanes () wcom com au>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 07:55:33 +0800

I would rather use two interfaces the one on the Internet and not protected
make it IPless (assign IP address 0.0.0.0) so no connection could made
to/from it. It will still listen to packet and u'll still get alerts.

The second interface place on the internal network which is protected by fw,
also use openssh to connect to this interface.

Best Regards

Ohanes Semerjian