Snort mailing list archives

RE: Re: Snort and M$ Access?????

From: Brad Plies <plies () bulliondirect com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 21:34:16 -0600

True, however linked tables don't store the foreign data locally.
So the MDB file will not grow to that size.  However, should you
have a large table of data, and try to literally open the table..
well, you're in for a treat.

Hi Brad,

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but MS Access has a
limit for access mdb files to 1GB.  From my prior experience using
Access to log firewall data, your Access file will hit that limit very
quickly (in a couple days)....

I hope this helps in some way,
Francis