Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and M$ Access?????

From: Brad Plies <plies () bulliondirect com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:16:18 -0600

1.  On the Win machine, install MySQL's MyODBC driver.
As an admin, setup an ODBC data source to your MySQL
database on the Linux machine.

2. Setup a database user account that has read-only access.

3. Have MS Access link tables with through the ODBC datasource.

4. Done.  Build you're own Access queries to see what you want
and to build custom reports.

5. As a security concern, make sure that the connection
between the Win & Linux machines is secured somehow.  And connecting
this way will hog 1 database connection.

Anyway, what I really need to know is, does there exist some tool that will
allow for "easy" (meaning little work for me, and I don't care how much work
for others) migration/transport of the mysql database info from my Linux
machine to their Win2K box?  If so, does there exist a tool to pull that
info back out in a usable format - something comparable to ACID or
SnortSnarf?