Snort mailing list archives

Question about using tag in snort

From: Jim Starke <jstarke () ptd net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:38:26 -0500

I'm running snort Version 1.8.2-beta1 (Build 85) logging to mysql under Linux 7.0 I am using ACID v0.9.6b17 to view the database.

I have the following rule where I added a tag to log more of the session. Snort doesn't give me an error on start up but I'm not seeing any other packets being logged to mysql.

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HTTP_SERVERS 80 (msg:"WEB-IIS cmd.exe access"; flags: A+; content:"cmd.exe"; tag: session, 60, seconds; nocase; classtype:web-application-attack; sid:1002; rev:2;)

Am I placing the tag in the wrong area of the rule?

Otherwise snort runs beautifully. :-)

Thanks in advance.

--
http://www.jcsmall.com/homepage