Snort mailing list archives

RE: Win32 Snort w/ ACID on NT 4.0/IIS

From: John Rodley <john.rodley () inc-networks com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:47:10 -0500

I can't speak to this exact issue, but one thing in this report piqued my
interest - SRVANY.  Srvany is an MS resource kit app which allows you to run
as an NT service apps which are not designed to be run as an NT service.  I
have had very mixed results with apps that install themselves as services
via srvany.

John Rodley