Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort stopping after about 12 hours

From: <controld () ghost transatlas com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:30:32 -0800 (PST)

Do you have any error messages to offer?
I've had snort die on me when the snort machine just had too little
horsepower for the amount of data that I was logging. In my rulesets I was
not checking the rulesets, but also logging port 25, 143 110 80 etc to a
log. Once removing some of those it stopped dying. Or, you could get a
bigger machine.