Snort mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:05:28 -0800

Don,

It looks like a lot of work just for one connection. Tell them that
updates need to be scheduled and open the port allow them to do their
thing and close it when the exit. There are several ways to securely do
this, but is it really worth the trouble for one company just to update
your software on an infrequent basis.
-Mike

Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
  Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
    Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
  Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician