Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and Unix-Socket

From: Dirk Geschke <Dirk_Geschke () genua de>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:50:04 +0100

[snip snip]
        if(listen(sockfd, 5) == -1) {
                fprintf(stderr, "Unable to listen on socket.");
                exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
        }

        while((connfd = accept(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &adress,
&adrlen)) >= 0) {

I don't think you need to && can call accept and listen on
connection-less sockets (which SOCK_DGRAM is), all you need is to call
recvfrom() on the socket.. Look through snort-devel or snort-users
mailing list archives, I was posting a sample how to use unix sockets
with snort while ago.

Correct. Both, the listen and accept command, would only work with streaming
sockets, not with unix sockets. Unix sockets work like UDP connections...

Remove the listen and replace the accept with recv().

Best regards

Dirk

--
| Dr. Dirk Geschke            | E-mail: geschke () genua de     |
| Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerk  | Tel.  : +49-(0)-89-991950-31 |