Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard and ACID question

From: Wozz <wozz+snort () wookie net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 01:31:37 -0700

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:14:34PM -0800, Andrew R. Baker wrote:
Steve Halligan wrote:

I am having this problem also.  OpenBSD 2.9-release here.  Barnyard from CVS
today.  snort-unified-logfile is attached.
I also noticed that sometimes (although not in this logfile, I believe)  the
ordering of the source ip address backwards also a.b.c.d becomes d.c.b.a.
The dest ip is unaffected.

I have fixed the problem with byteswapped port numbers in the db output
plugin.  The new code is in CVS.  It was a case where I was converting a
number that had already been converted.  As for reversed IP addresses, I
would be interested in seeing the log file where this happens.  I
checked all of the places where the src IP is inserted and they all look
okay.

A quick look and things seem to be working correctly.  Thanks Andrew!