Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard and ACID question

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 22:16:29 -0800

Steve Halligan wrote:

PS:  The timestamps appear to be set to UTC.  Both the snort/barnyard box
and the database box are set to the correct time and timezone, but
timestamps logged in the database are +6 hours (which would be utc from
where I am).  Not a bug, but is there anyway to change this behaviour?

Yes, all the timestamps are in UTC.  This is because I run all my
databases in UTC and convert in the user interface.  I will look into
adding a timezone adjustment option for timestamps.

-A