Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard and ACID question

From: Wozz <wozz+snort () wookie net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 01:20:11 -0700

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:14:34PM -0800, Andrew R. Baker wrote:
Steve Halligan wrote:

I am having this problem also.  OpenBSD 2.9-release here.  Barnyard from CVS
today.  snort-unified-logfile is attached.
I also noticed that sometimes (although not in this logfile, I believe)  the
ordering of the source ip address backwards also a.b.c.d becomes d.c.b.a.
The dest ip is unaffected.

I have fixed the problem with byteswapped port numbers in the db output
plugin.  The new code is in CVS.  It was a case where I was converting a
number that had already been converted.  As for reversed IP addresses, I
would be interested in seeing the log file where this happens.  I
checked all of the places where the src IP is inserted and they all look
okay.

FWIW, I've never seen this problem, just the port problem consistantly.
Thanks for the fix, I'll upgrade and see how it works.