Snort mailing list archives

RE: eth0 going in and out of promiscuous mode?

From: Jeff Ito <jeffi () rcn com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:26:47 -0400 (EDT)

For the device to enter promisc. mode is what is supposed to happen. (on
the interface that is actually doing the IDS)

as for the process stopping, more information is needed.

Jeff Ito

Snort on my machine is doing the same thing except that it is running for a
day or two
then it stops running.  I don't know why, the only message that it leaves is
with syslog
say it has left promiscuous mode.

Jason
=|=|=