Snort mailing list archives

Re: Configuring Cisco switches...

From: "George D. Nincehelser" <george () ccitriad net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:36:21 -0500

Might a better tactic be to scan your internal networks periodically for infected or vulnerable machines and then fix
or patch them?

Looking for internal infected machines via snort may be too late, especially consideirng that I've seen several
recommendations that Nimda infected boxes be totally rebuilt :(

George