Snort mailing list archives

snort 1.7/ACID logging to MYSQL, but no signatures showing

From: "Keith & Rachel Murphy" <rae.murphy () verizon net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:24:38 -0700

I am kind of new to snort.  I had no problems installing it on a Debian based server (that is why it is running 1.7
instead of the latest).  It appears to log everything to the /var/log/auth.log and /var/log/snort/* files.  I decided
to set up ACID to bring the web interface to the intrusion detection.  ACID was simple to set up, it is now logging
events to the database, in fact i can log into MySQL and "select * from event;" and see the events with IDS numbers and
descriptions such as "RPC portmap" that indicate the snort knows what type of attack is being launched (right?).  But,
ACID never shows a Signature..it always shows a 0.  What dumb thing am I doing :).

Thanks,

Keith