Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort woes (update)

From: Jim Starke <jstarke () ptd net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 21:53:22 -0400

John Berkers wrote:

Jim,

I noticed in an earlier message that you put the tcp any any -> any any rule
into your virus.rules.  This include file is commented out by default, make
sure that the # in front of it is removed and see how you go.

Hope your hair grows back when the problems are sorted. :)

Thanks John, I hope it does too. I have uncommented all of the rules during my journeys. I even moved that rule over into the exploit.rules just in case snort was thinking that I hadn't uncommented the virus.rules file.

From what I see now, snort is alerting on icmp packets but isn't alerting on tcp or udp packets.

When this is finally working, it's probably going to be something really simple and I'm going to look awfully foolish for bothering everyone. ;-)

--
http://www.jcsmall.com/homepage