Snort mailing list archives

Syslog, but I don't want it

From: Marc Thompson <Marc.Thompson () bops com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:04:58 -0500

Someone,

I'm having a problem with Snort Version 1.7 on RedHat 7.1.  I am
getting messages sent to syslog, but don't want them there.  Here
is the command-line that I'm using to start Snort:

        snort -c /etc/snort/snort.10.3.1.0.conf -i eth0 -D

The referenced snort.10.3.1.0.conf has no reference to syslog in it
that is uncommented.  I didn't specifically compile (knowingly)
to use syslog.  I can't find a line in the configuration of the source
that indicates syslog should or shouldn't be used.

Otherwise, snort is working great.  It logs in binary in tcpdump format
nicely and also logs to a remote MySQL Server

Thank you in advance,
Marc Thompson