Snort mailing list archives

RE: Tcpdump, alerts and portscans

From: "Jason Lewis" <jlewis () jasonlewis net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:01:50 -0400

So, I wake up at 2:30am and realize what the problem is.  A case of lack of
sleep and tunnel vision.  I somehow missed the -A full on the command line
for the instance of snort reading the tcpdump file.

Sometimes just writing it down and letting it bounce around in your brain is
the thing to do.  Thanks for listening.  ;)

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.