Secure Coding mailing list archives

Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?

From: goertzel_karen at bah.com (Goertzel, Karen [USA])
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:59:03 -0400

I'm more devious. I think what needs to happen is that we need to redefine what we mean by "functionally correct" or
"quality" code. If determination of functional correctness were extended from "must operate as specified under expected
conditions" to "must operate as specified under all conditions", functional correctness would necessarily require
security, safety, fault tolerance, and all those other good things that make software dependable instead of just
correct.

Karen Mercedes Goertzel, CISSP
Associate
703.698.7454