Secure Coding mailing list archives

Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?

From: nmatatal at uci.edu (Neil Matatall)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:15:36 -0700

Inspired by the "What is the size of this list?" discussion, I decided I
won't be a lurker :)

A question prompted by
http://michael-coates.blogspot.com/2009/04/universities-web-app-security.html
</redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmichael-coates%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F2009%2F04%2Funiversities-web-app-security%2Ehtml&urlhash=c5OA&_t=disc_detail_link>

and the OWASP podcast mentions

So where does secure coding belong in the curriculum?

Higher Ed?  High School?

Undergrad? Grad? Extension?

I started a discussion in the Educause group on linked in.  I guess it
requires authentication and possibly group membership:
http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?viewQuestionAndAnswers=&gid=138011&discussionID=5737656

It looks like some Universities are offering courses now...

Neil