Secure Coding mailing list archives

InternetNews Realtime IT News - Merchants Cope With PCI Compliance

From: gunnar at arctecgroup.net (Gunnar Peterson)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:17:34 -0500

for the vast majority of the profession - slamming the magic pizza box in a rack
is more preferable than talking to developers. in many cases the biggest barrier
to getting better security in companies is the so-called information security
group. it has very little to do with technology, its a people problem.

-gp

Kenneth Van Wyk wrote:
Happy PCI-DSS 6.6 day, everyone.  (Wow, that's a sentence you don't hear
often.)

http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3755916

In talking with my customers over the past several months, I always find
it interesting that the vast majority would sooner have root canal than
submit their source code to anyone for external review.  I'm betting PCI
6.6 has been a boon for the web application firewall (WAF) world.

Cheers,

Ken

-----
Kenneth R. van Wyk