Secure Coding mailing list archives

Tools: Evaluation Criteria

From: James.McGovern at thehartford.com (McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT))
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:47:58 -0400

I think my thinking was a little different. I would also expect criteria that shows how it integrates into the entire
lifecycle. For example, scanning source code that is already extracted is a little different than scanning a PVCS
repository. Likewise, taking a list of vulnerabilities and understanding who created them, connecting to the identity
stored in version control and then having the ability to feed tools such as JIRA, PVCS Tracker, etc would be powerful.

Good to see that folks are expanding the criteria in terms of what it scans for, but criteria as to how it integrates
is also equally useful.