Secure Coding mailing list archives

How is secure coding sold within enterprises?

From: James.McGovern at thehartford.com (McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT))
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:35:35 -0400

I am attempting to figure out how other Fortune enterprises have went about selling the need for secure coding
practices and can't seem to find the answer I seek. Essentially, I have discovered that one of a few scenarios exist
(a) the leadership chain was highly technical and intuitively understood the need (b) the primary business model of the
enterprise is either banking, investments, etc where the risk is perceived higher if it is not performed (c) it was
strongly encouraged by a member of a very large consulting firm (e.g. McKinsey, Accenture, etc).

I would like to understand what does the Powerpoint deck that employees of Fortune enterprises use to sell the concept
PRIOR to bringing in consultants and vendors to help them fulfill the need. Has anyone ran across any PPT that best
outlines this for demographics where the need is real but considered less important than other intiatives?

destroy all copies.