Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: User Education Tool?

From: Andreas Saurwein <saurwein () uniwares com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:06:57 +0000

At 4/3/2004 18:16 Thursday, Dave Aronson wrote:

Those of us who receive viri, or bounce-reports alleging that we sent
one, are in the addressbooks of lusers who open viri.  Don't subject us
to more of this $#!^ than we already are.

At the moment I receive about 20-25 virus/bounces by day on my personal
account, dont need to tell me..

Either way (especially if the manual forwarding is done with the help of
pulling up the contact list), you can bet some jackass will attach a
malicious payload, probably triggered right *after* you spread it.  So
much for being able to treat it as innocent.

Right, that would probably happen. But in the end, it would still do its
job :-?

Find a way to substitute, for the whole mess, an arm coming out of the
computer and bitchslapping the idiot silly while calling his attention
to how incredibly stupid he has just been, and you've got something.

Where can I buy a license for that? :)