Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Installation and setup of secure applications

From: Damir Rajnovic <gaus () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:24:09 +0000

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:27:08PM -0500, Jean-Francois Poirier wrote:
  I would say definitely enormous.  If developers are not actually
installing the software themselves (as is the case sometimes in smaller
custom development projects), they should at least be part of the

Hear! Hear! This is something that needs to be done. Developers must
be aware, to the maxium possible extent, how and where their application
will be used. They also must do initial testing in a "representative
model of user's environment". In some cases that is not easy to do since
that environment is very diverse. But they still need to try. That
diveristy does not absolve them from anything.