Politech mailing list archives

FC: Telephone spam: John McCain touting George W. Bush

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:12:08 -0500

********

Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:26:11 -0500
From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
To: declan () well com
Subject: Telephone spam: McCain touting Bush

After seeing reports this earlier, now I've gotten my own: it's a
prerecorded telephone spam featuring John McCain endorsing W.  I haven't
picked up a pattern yet from the reports I've seen, but I live in PA,
which is one of the states that's up for grabs (depending on whose
poll numbers you believe) -- so my first guess would be that households
in key states were targeted.  (It'd be interesting to know if anyone
in Texas got this or if the GOP thinks they have it locked up to the point
where they needn't spend the money to spam it.)

---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk () gsp org