Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Bypass grub edit protection password

From: "Adrián Puente Z. " <apuente () hackarandas com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 12:35:48 -0600

Nik,

Some Bios works with other than F2 try escape or supr. Those have worked for me. If that didn't work out try clicking
slowly one by one all the Fs some Bios are slower than others. Also you can check in the device manual to see if there
other way to tweak the BIOS

Some devices by default boot trying the PXE (Preboot eXecution Environment). If you are able to manipulate the NIC you
can create a one on one network with your pentest laptop and the device you only needs DHCP and TFTP (I would
personally use a VM with the interface in bridge mode ). Check in google for "install ubuntu from network pxe netboot"
and try to load Ubuntu directly from the network.

That's all I can think about this right now.

Good luck!

Regards,
---
Adrián Puente Z.
www.hackarandas.com

"... ruego a mi orgullo que se acompañe siempre de mi prudencia,
y si algún día mi prudencia se echara a volar, que al menos
pueda volar junto con mi locura"
    --Nietzche

Huella: F974 46CE 67CD A4EE 7A33  7DDF D249 95CF CABA D400
http://allman.rhon.itam.mx/~apuente/llaves/AdrianPuente-gmail.asc.gz