Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: career advice

From: David Glosser <david.glosser () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:22:14 -0500

Great advice by Ali...

If you like web application security, may also wish to check out the OWASP.
For starters,  install OWASP WebGoat, which is a deliberately insecure
web application.
Then test it using "Zed Attack Proxy" and "fiddler/watcher" proxies,
and move on to
more active testing using W3AF, nikto/wikto, etc.

Another nice resource is
http://www.vulnerabilityassessment.co.uk/Penetration%20Test.html
Good Luck!