Penetration Testing mailing list archives

run nmap automatically from index.html (??)

From: Kathy Simm <kathys39 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:09:37 +0000

We are doing a pen test for a small company and wish to automate some things.  We have a website inside their Intranet
that
when employees scan or visit it  we'd like to nmap the box they came from  trying to see if anyone hooks up an
authorized computer to their intranet. Any ideas of how to get=
 nmap to run automatically?

Getting a perl script to run nmap is already done but I'm trying to figure out whether we should monitor the libpcap
data or the  apache log files
etc.  I'm sure someone else has done this already - can you share some ideas?