Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: What's Next? Attack of Internal IP Disclosure

From: Sihan <sihanzheng () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:16:48 -0400

On 24/05/2011 5:07 AM, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
Hi all,

I need a hint/idea here.

After I launched a penetration testing attack from Internet, I could
disclose the internal IP address. What would be the attack after I
knew the internal IP address? How do I access directly to this machine
with internal IP address?

IPV6 is unicast,there is no NAT, so you can simply connect to that computer as if you were on the same network as it. there isn't much you can do with it's IPV 4 address, but you can do a lot with its IPV6 address.