Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: What's Next? Attack of Internal IP Disclosure

From: Veronica <vero.valeros () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:54:55 -0300

Hi,

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Zaki Akhmad <zakiakhmad () gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

I need a hint/idea here.

After I launched a penetration testing attack from Internet, I could
disclose the internal IP address. What would be the attack after I
knew the internal IP address? How do I access directly to this machine
with internal IP address?

--
Zaki Akhmad

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

If you can recreate the internal structure of the network maybe it
could be a good idea to try some social engineering strategies... It
could be easy to fake a new hired technician that needs to "learn"
"things" from the network... but it's always depend on the company
staff..

Regards,

VerĂ³nica Valeros