Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [OT] Remote OS Fingerprinting - ICMP/TCP

From: Vimal™ <avvimalkumar () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:01:09 +0530

Thank you all for valuable your inputs.

/--
Regards
Vimal

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Eduardo Ramos <eduardo () ibtelecom net br> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 4:32 AM, Vimal™ <avvimalkumar () gmail com> wrote:

Hi List,

I am trying to fingerprint the OS of a remote DNS server (Using ICMP and
TCP).

nmap result shows Linux Kernel 2.6
Only Port 53 (UDP and TCP) is open.

http://www.securitypronews.com/securitypronews-24-20030929OSFingerprintingwithICMP.html
http://nmap.org/nmap-fingerprinting-old.html  -   [FINGERPRINTING
METHODOLOGY]

Can anybody help me by sending the packet level response for different
OS / Kernel versions. Or any ready made scripts for doing the same.

I am using Scapy (python) for crafting the packets.

A reference about that:

http://www.phrack.org/issues.html?issue=57&id=7#article

[]'s

--