Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Assessment of VLAN

From: infosecMosaic <subs () mosaicsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:00:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I've seen some f/w auditing papers from Skybox e.g.,
http://www.skyboxsecurity.com/resources/white-papers/how-painlessly-audit-your-firewalls

and there are a few other f/w auditing/management products that could be
useful.  Athena Security has two free ones in this list:

https://mosaicsecurity.com/categories/55-firewall-management

informationhacker08 wrote:

1)Conducting Vulnerability assessment of a server that exist in a
different VLAN and the your machine is located on other Vlan (No Trunk)

2)Any Good Paper on Firewall Auditing. I have deep interest in Auditing.
Any well known paper that describes how to properly Audit a Firewall. What
things should we check in Firewall Auditing.

Regards

Informationhacker08