Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Penetration testing professional certifications

From: Prathan Phongthiproek <tan_prathan () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:58:20 +0700

Same as CEPT but no exam choice. only hand-on exam. VPN to their vm for hack and write own exploit

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 16, 2011, at 7:48 PM, haZard0us <hazard0us.pt () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

What about the Offensive-Security certifications?

haZard0us

Em 11/08/11 13:54, sapran escreveu:
Dear Penetration Testers,

I am looking for advice of an experienced penetration testers
regarding the certification path to choose. My goal and reason in
taking a certification exam is not a certification by itself but the
opportunity to learn from preparation materials, fill the gaps in
skill set and experience, as well as align the expertise with current
"best practices" in the field.

I knew about CEH/LPT path from EC Council and SANS's GPEN before and
I've discovered IACRB's CPT/CEPT lately, however I'm having hard time
trying to assess them in comparison. I would appreciate any help in
comparing the subject domains, expected effort and potential benefits
of these certification as well as those I've not encountered yet.
Maybe some results are already out there and you could share the links
to related materials?

Thank everyone in advance.

Best regards,
Vlad

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org