Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Remote access and automatize user account creation (Windows XP)

From: TAS <p0wnsauc3 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 01:13:40 +0530

Hi,

Having two simultaneous connection is possible only in Windows server
editions. Unfortunately this feature is not integrated in Windows XP.
With softwares like VNC or team viewer you can have two people connect
to the system, but only one person can use it.

There is a workaround to having simultaneous connection like in server
editions in Windows XP as well, but it may not get accepted by your
client, since it involves using a modified DLL file. Incase if you are
still curious google for "concurrent-rdp-connections-hack-xp" (off
course without the double quotes)

For your second question, there is a way to do this. Take a ISO of
Windows OS, do something called as slip streaming. There are tools
like nlite that allow you to create or pre configure a lot of options
like adding the key, having latest updates pushed, drivers and some
softwares pre installed in image. So you also have an option of pre
configuring the accounts atleast in nlite. A detailed guide is
available at hxxp://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/ for various
class of users. Once you have done this correctly, you will do what is
called a silent installation of OS.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
TAS!