Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: "MIPS" Pentesting

From: alessandro telami <telami () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 13:12:13 +0000

Hi,
try the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIPS_architecture
Regards
Cyber-threats

Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 03:32:52 -0800
From: elliotfernandes () yahoo com
Subject: "MIPS" Pentesting
To: pen-test () securityfocus com

When testing a network, I was using nmap and I came up with a system that had port 23 open. So I netcat'ed into it
and I got:

Welcome to Linux (ZEM300) for MIPS
Kernel 2.4.20 Treckle on an MIPS

Has anyone come across this before? It seems to be a login point for a security device (physical security) at the
network. Thing is, I have no documentation on the "MIPS", neither from google or from anywhere else. Anyone got ideas
on this? And I'm running hydra with a wordlist, and a bruteforcer at the same time on it.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org