Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: pbnj and alternatives

From: Miguel Gonzalez <miguel_3_gonzalez () yahoo es>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, it does, as I said in my previous email the tool is called pbnj and is part of Backtrack live cd
(http://pbnj.sourceforge.net/)

The only thing that I was thinking to add to pbnj was a "new" state, since as it is now, it only tracks if a port is
open or closed. Unfortunately it's not easy to dig into someone else's code with no documentation and not many comments
inside the code (besides I'm not a perl expert).

I have also been told that there is more advanced tool called ossec hids that does more stuff (http://www.ossec.net/)

Miguel