Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Mapping a network

From: Zack Payton <zpayton () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:08:34 -0500

DNS cache poisoning or wpad attacks

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2009, at 4:04 PM, Lee <ler762 () gmail com> wrote:

On 9/22/09, Zack Payton <zpayton () gmail com> wrote:
Forget about scapy or the cisco perl scripts.  Use dynamips and get
your own virtual router running on their network.
But if passive interface is enabled, you're pretty screwed attempting
route injection from that vantage point in the network.

Which is what I thought, but I was wondering if I was missing something..

I would probably resort to arp spoofing to client side browser pwnage
and trying to escalate that way.

DHCP snooping is enabled, so that seems to kill any arp spoofing tricks.
Trunking is disabled on all the switch ports, so that seems to kill
any vlan hopping tricks.

... maybe if I offer someone a chocolate bar for their password :)

Thanks,
Lee