Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: PWB - OSCP certification for newbies

From: Stephen Mullins <steve.mullins.work () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:04:17 -0400

"Try harder?"

What are you paying them for?

I agree with what one of the people here said though, "the one thing
it teaches you is that if you can't do it by yourself then you can't
do it."  I think that's a lesson that most people never learn - self
reliance.  The lesson is that if you can't research and solve problems
independently then maybe you're in the wrong business.

I imagine most people would just fail, say the course sucks, and fall
back on their CISSP and 6 figure salary to salve their wounded ego
though.

C'est la vie,

Steve Mullins