Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: DOS attack tool can be used in lab

From: madunix <madunix () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:56:27 +0300

hping2,  httpflood, or any ddos tools scripts in perl or py
-mu

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM, R. DuFresne <dufresne () sysinfo com> wrote:

Which only prevents the internal network from being tramatized.  The
external link would still be hosed, at least would be if the pipe sending
syn's exceeds the receiving pipe.  Resource exhaustion and pipe flooding are
rather difficult to defend against.  Most often the only recourse is to go
further up your network stream to seek a larger pipe there to filter for
you.  It's the price you pay for the game you play.

thanks,

Ron DuFresne