Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Which Commercial Web App Scanner?

From: Norma Snockers <norma.snockers () hotmail co uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 07:31:56 +0000

Folks,

I've read the threads, last one about 5 months ago...

http://seclists.org/webappsec/2009/q2/68

and whilst very helpful, I'm still in a quandry.

AppScan is expensive, so assuming that leaves WebInspect and Acunetix which one would you personally choose?

I've done a very small amount of evaluation - I like the initial feel of
Acunetix (and it includes GHDB checks - however is that really
needed?), but my head is saying WebInspect.  I've seen people recommend
both.

If you were to make a final decision, which would you buy between Acunetix and WebInspect (to be used in conjunction
with open source tools) - based purely on the usability, functionality and efficiency of the product, not the
aftersales support?

Many thanks.