Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Web App Script Capture

From: Jerome Athias <jerome.athias () free fr>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 09:23:38 +0200

Le samedi 03 octobre 2009 à 10:18 -0400, Jon Kibler a écrit :

I was easily able to hijack the administrator's session because I could look at
the source code to see how session management was done (badly!), and I was able
to inject cookies to become administrator. At that point I owned the box.

What about cookies manipulation?
You should be able to introduce some magic or voodoo art with it.
For example, you should read about the recent Wordpress flaws.
"It was discovered that wordpress relies on the REQUEST superglobal
array in certain dangerous situations, which makes it easier to perform
attacks via crafted cookies."
http://freshmeat.net/articles/debian-new-wordpress-packages-fix-several-vulnerabilities-3

Ref.: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=whitepaper+cookies
+manipulation

Good luck
/JA

I would just like to be able to somehow demonstrate stealing scripting source
code on a remote box. I haven't worked out that problem yet. :-(

Jon
- --
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer
Advanced Systems Engineering Technology, Inc.
Charleston, SC  USA
o: 843-849-8214
c: 843-813-2924
s: 843-564-4224
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonrkibler

My PGP Fingerprint is:
BAA2 1F2C 5543 5D25 4636 A392 515C 5045 CF39 4253