Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pentest lab box 16 gigs of ram

From: Yiannis Koukouras <ikoukouras () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:29:04 +0200

Hello jk,

I don't see any added value on going with Win7. Why pay for the license?

After you setup vmware server,  you won't have to use the host OS anymore.

Vmware is fully administered remotely through its console, so I think
that you should go for the cheapest and least demanding
(resource-wise) solution.

I do need to get a life! ;)
Ioannis (Yiannis) Koukouras
CISSP, CISA, CISM
MSc in Computer Systems Security
BEng in Electronic Engineering
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ikoukouras
---
The information contained in this communication is intended solely
for  the  use  of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
and others authorized to receive it.  It may  contain confidential
or legally privileged information.  If  you  are  not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that  any  disclosure,  copying,
distribution  or  taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this  information  is  strictly  prohibited  and  may be unlawful.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately  by  responding  to this email and then delete
 it from your system.