Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Things to do before vulnerability disclosure

From: "Adriel T. Desautels" <ad_lists () netragard com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:29:47 -0400

Vulnerability disclosure is a powerful tool that hackers can use to force otherwise unwilling vendors to fix risks in their technology as opposed to just keeping the risks quiet and keeping customers ignorant. The truth is that without it software would still be very insecure and poorly written. The politics of it depend on the situation.