Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: SQL Server Scan

From: Robin Wood <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:14:34 +0100

2009/7/23 pma111 <pmaneedham () hotmail com>:

Does anybody know of any SQL Server Vulnerability Scanner / tools that can be
used (SQL Serv 2000)(enumate weak passwords, enumerate the various DB names,
enumerate SIDS -- if thats what they are called outside Oracle, identify
blank SA passwords, identify the key vulnerabilities etc)...

I have the IP of the SQL Server, and can run the testing interally within
the Network...

Any pointers welcome... I am trying to demonstrate how easy it is to get on
a DB on the Server by sitting on the Network, to demonstrate a threat from
within...

Carlos Perez released a set of tools on the PaulDotCom mail list on
the 14th July to do exactly this. Look that up. If you can't find it
let me know and I can forward the mail.

Robin