Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[Tool] - Nat Probe

From: IPv7 <listas.internet () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:53:24 -0300

I'm plased to present NatProbe 1.0

Nat Probe is little, but very usefull program, try to sends ICMP
packet out the LAN,
and detect all the host that allow it. Whit this you can find bugs in
your (company?) network ( or others),
for example hosts tha allow p2p connections.

- Explanation -

When we use a Gateway, we send the packets with IP dest of the target,
but the dest mac on the ethernet is the mac at the Gateway.
If we send a packet to the diferents macs in the lan, we can know who
is the gateway when we recive an response from this mac.

Some times we can discover more than one box configured to be an
gateway, generally, this is an wrong configuration,
and the box will response with an ICMP-Redirect.
This is the same, becouse the script only verify if the mac response
an ICMP packet.

NatProbe is develop in Python with the Scapy library.

You can donwload the release in:
http://code.google.com/p/natprobe/

--
-   El conocimiento es poder   -