Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Vulnerability scanners don't work

From: "Adriel T. Desautels" <ad_lists () netragard com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:18:19 -0500

Greetings all. I've finished another entry on our blog. This time the entry was about why vulnerability scanners do not work. It goes into a little bit of detail and is intended for the average reader. My goal was to help to educate people about what vulnerability scanning really is.

For the record, I did add the email address of this list to my blogger so that entries are automatically posted to this list. If anyone is against me doing that, or if that is a violation of the list policy then please let me know and I'll stick with this method of letting people know. (I'm not sure if it worked hence why I'm writing this email).

Anyway, here's the latest entry:

http://snosoft.blogspot.com/2009/01/vulnerability-scanning-doesnt-work.html

As always, comments are more than welcome.

        Adriel T. Desautels
        ad_lists () netragard com

        Subscribe to our blog
        http://snosoft.blogspot.com