Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Re: Recover full environment

From: Bill Weiss <houdini+pen-test () clanspum net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:26:18 -0700

Javier Perez(disco299 () gmail com)@Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 03:40:10AM -0600:
Thanks all, I really appreciate your advices.

I think I'm gonna try; deep freeze, dd, puppet and linux ghost for
restoring. And for testing; dvl and de-ice.net images, without X, if
they had.  I'd have liked to use virtualization or some other livecds
but I don't believe my computers could be enough powerful to run it
(pentium 3, 32Mb ram, 4 Gb hd), and also they've not cdrom drive.

You could BOOTP boot the machines, and have their / NFS mounted somewhere
they don't have write access to.

--
Bill Weiss

How To Write Good
 10. Do not use a foreign word when there is an adequate English quid
     pro quo.